The Fitness & Wellness Center will continue limited phased operations starting on Monday, June 21, and reservations will be required until July 6. Our initial opening phase is designed to be the most restrictive phase and will allow us to implement necessary College, State and local health guidelines required for operation. Please refer to the phased reopening protocol and frequently asked questions below.
Spaces open during July 2021
- Fitness floor (cardiovascular and strength equipment)
- Fitness floor restrooms
- Main floor all gender restrooms
- Locker rooms (you must bring your own towels)
- Markin indoor tennis courts
- Racquetball courts
Frequently Asked Questions
Who has access to the Fitness & Wellness Center during summer 2021?
Access to the Fitness & Wellness Center will be limited to current students, faculty, and staff with valid Kalamazoo College IDs. A valid Kalamazoo College ID and completion of the daily health screening will be required for access.
Access will be expanded in fall 2021 for emeriti, retirees, spouses, domestic partners. More information will be communicated through the Hornet Hive at a later date.
What will the hours of operation be during July 2021?
Monday-Friday, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 4:30-7 p.m.
The Fitness & Wellness Center may be required to close at any time due to COVID-19 related situations, Kalamazoo College requirements, or State of Michigan executive orders. Any changes to hours of operation will be communicated through the Hornet Hive and posted on our website.
How do I make a reservation online for the fitness floor or racquetball courts?
Reservations for the fitness floor and racquetball courts are no longer required starting Tuesday, July 6.
How do I make a reservation for Markin indoor tennis courts?
Markin indoor tennis courts will be open only to current faculty, staff and students. Reservations are no longer required starting Tuesday, July 6. Courts are available during Fitness & Wellness Center hours of operation.
Please take the following steps when coming to the Fitness & Wellness Center:
- Complete your daily health screening prior to coming to campus.
- The main entrance will be card swipe only. You must have a valid Kalamazoo College ID to enter.
- You will swipe your ID at the welcome desk. An employee will verify the name on your ID.
- You will show you have a green check (students), or smiley face (faculty/staff), verifying you have completed your daily health screening. Faculty/staff who do not use the Campus Clear app can verbally indicate it was completed through the Campus Clear website form and you are permitted to come to campus.
- No ID, no green check or smiley face, no access.
Closed amenities, programs and spaces during summer 2021 include:
- Dance studio 209
- Equipment checkout
- Faculty/staff chair massage through Kalamazoo Athletic Wellness suspended
- Faculty/staff fitness room
- Multi-purpose rooms 143 & 145
- Sports injury walk-in clinic suspended
- Towel service