Physical Education Classes
A variety of Physical Education classes are available to help students find their way into an active, healthy and fit lifestyle. Courses categories include fitness, dance, sport skill, life skill/health, outdoor, independent study and varsity sports.
Current students, student organizations, faculty and staff may reserve various spaces at the Fitness & Wellness Center. Room reservations must be made 48 hours in advance and are booked per academic term. Email Fitness & Wellness Director, Jen Bailey at Jennifer.Bailey@kzoo.edu, to reserve spaces.
The Fitness & Wellness Center offers on-campus student employment opportunities to current Kalamazoo College students. Priority is given to federal work study students. We encourage you to check Handshake for any current openings.
The Fitness & Wellness Center Student Associate is responsible for serving the patrons of the Fitness & Wellness Center at the Welcome Desk or Fitness Floor while carrying out routine duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Monitoring facility access for building safety and security
- Assist patron inquiries over the phone and in person
- Assist patrons with room reservations and equipment check out
- Assist patrons as needed with facility and equipment orientations
- Monitor and maintain the fitness weight room and cardio space to make sure that all equipment is being used safely and appropriately
- Assist in the daily cleaning of cardio and strength equipment
- Perform building opening and closing procedures
- Execute Emergency Action Plan as needed for all non-life threatening and life-threatening emergencies
- Obtain Adult CPR & AED certification